6 Steps to Keeping Your Employees Happy and Engaged… and Increase Profits!
Sina Enayati, Managing Director, Sina Advisory Group | June 3, 2013
The most precious asset of any business is its employees. It may sound cliché, but happy employees mean happy customers. I believe that it is one of the most overlooked aspects of owning a business. This is how to encourage employees to be their best and ultimately increase the profitability of your business:
1. Reward them for providing extraordinary customer service. You might create an incentive program entitled “Caught in the Act of Greatness,” where employees are publicly recognized by their managers and staff for going above and beyond.
2. Devise a way to reward employees who meet or exceed sales goals.
3. Empower your employees to make decisions on your behalf to keep customers happy.
4. Make it easy for employees to voice their opinions by creating an anonymous suggestion box.
5. Make sure that there is clarity in regards to company policies, regulations and expectations so that employees know what you expect, and what they can expect from you in return. An employee handbook is helpful tool in communicating these points.
6. Provide quality- and ongoing training to increase profitability and assure customer satisfaction.
Showing that you care about your employees and their success is certain to pay you back in creating a positive work environment that will overflow into increased customer satisfaction and profitability for businesses of every size.